Tuesday, October 20, 2009

10 Questions to ask

The following are questions cancer patients should ask their doctors:

1. What is my condition and what stage is it at?

2. What is the goal of chemotherapy (especially if radiation therapy or surgery has been done) and how long and often will I be having it?

3. Will chemotherapy affect my fertility or sexuality?

4. What is my treatment plan?

5. Which drugs will I be taking and how will they be administered?

6. Do more side effects come with the more effective treatments?

7. Is there patient education material and if I have signs or symptoms, how do I reach you after office hours?

8. What side effects, both short- and long-term, can I expect from my treatment?

9. What is the standard care regimen for my particular cancer and how or why does my treatment plan differ from the standard?

10. Are there clinical trials I can enrol in?

No comments:

Post a Comment